15 Screen-Free Activities for Preschoolers to Do At Home
Looking for learning activities to keep your preschooler busy at home? An easy way to enrich home-learning fun is by encouraging active, hands-on educational experiences. TREND offers screen-free activities for preschoolers that are small, light, and compact for on-the-go learning. These activities allow preschoolers an opportunity to play in a variety of learning spaces. The following 15 screen-free activities designed for preschoolers help grow their fundamental skills while kids have FUN! Enjoy activities that are perfect for kids to practice on their own or fun for the whole family to play.
1. Early FUNdamental Skills Learning Set
- Eight educational posters reinforce a child’s understanding of the alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, five senses, weather, and seasons.
- Bright colors and photos are welcome decorations for kids' bedrooms or playrooms.
2. Counting & Numbers Learning Fun Pack
- Each fun pack is full of screen-free activities to build math, counting, and number skills for preschoolers.
3. The 4 Seasons Learning Set
- This screen-free activity teaches kids about the seasons, weather, and more! It is engaging, educational, and inspires kids to share their favorite seasonal activities.
4. Rhyming Fun-to-Know® Puzzles
- Build early language and recognition skills with this screen-free two-piece learning activity.
- Piecing together puzzles builds hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills and introduces shape recognition too.
5. Animals Count 0-31 Learning Set
- The vibrant colors and animal photos keep kids interested in numbers and counting with cards featuring numerals, number words, and counting dots.
6. ABC Photo Fun Learning Set
- Large photos and vibrant colors make this screen-free activity perfect for decorating home spaces like playrooms, reading corners, and kids’ bedrooms.
- This set is excellent for teaching uppercase and lowercase letters and introducing letter pairs, letter sounds, and vocabulary words, which also spark an early interest in reading.
7. Colors All Around Us Learning Set
- Help kids learn to recognize 12 colors through creative displays, photos of familiar objects, and screen-free matching activities. Pictures of everyday things help kids recognize each color in the real world using real-life objects.
8 . Shapes All Around Us Learning Set
- Guide children in discovering shapes while bringing learning opportunities home. This learning set easily creates displays and inspires preschoolers to learn nine different shapes.
9. Community Helpers Fun-to-Know® Puzzles
- This screen-free activity builds early language and vocabulary skills, and introduces social studies with two-piece learning puzzles featuring 20 different community helpers. Preschool and kindergarten-aged children love to connect the pieces and show what they know!
10. Up We Grow Growth Chart Learning Set
- Unique cut-outs on rockets and UFOs fit photos for extra fun tracking and measuring heights.
- Decorative pieces like planets, comets, and rockets help build kids' interest in measurement, the solar system, and self-discovery.
11. COUNTERpillar Card Game
- Learn valuable math skills for odd/even, number order, addition, skip-counting, and more.
- This screen-free activity for kids is perfect for afterschool time. Simple rules give kids the confidence to play with or without adults and as independent practice.
12. I Can Read Puzzles Challenge Cards®
- This screen-free activity combines the excitement of a card game with solving puzzles to give young learners lots of fun practice building words, rhyming sentences, and spelling and reading skills.
13. Shapes Fun-to-Know® Puzzles
- Build beginner math skills and boost vocabulary with two-piece learning puzzles about shapes.
- Self-checking features give every learner the confidence to practice independently and build skills at their own pace.
14. Dinosaur Mighty Match Challenge Cards®
- This card deck features dinosaur facts such as size comparison pictures, the dinosaur’s name, pronunciation key, and a map showing where they lived.
15. Early Learning Adventures Wipe-Off® Book
- Early Learning Adventures Wipe-Off® Book inspires lots of language and early math practice.
- This screen-free activity focuses on ABC order and letter formation, numbers and counting, colors and shapes, position and directional vocabulary words, and sequencing and patterning.
These screen-free alternatives to technology allow kids to be kids while they learn new skills! Keep your PreK child busy and grow their independence with activities that supplement their classroom education. View more TREND products for kids of all ages and learning abilities.