TREND enterprises, Inc. is committed to creating an enjoyable and safe shopping experience for you. Our goal is to provide products, features, and services that are helpful and interesting to you. To accomplish this, we collect information about you through your online shopping experiences. This policy will explain the information we collect, and how we use, share, and protect it.
Some of the information we collect from you is considered personally identifiable, information which identifies individuals. When you engage in any of the activities described in this policy, you are agreeing to let us collect, use, and share your personal information in the manner described in the policy.
Where and When We Collect Information from You
When you engage in the following activities, we collect information from you:
- Visit our website, TRENDenterprises.com (“Site”), on any device, whether it be a desktop computer or mobile device, such as a phone or tablet
- Create a user login / account on our Site
- Make an online purchase from our Site
- Sign up for our emails
- Contact us by telephone, email or mail, send us a product review, or submit a form on our Site
- Enter our Site through third-party links or websites, including advertisements and social media sites
- Upload content, including photos and comments, to our Site or any of our Social Media (“Social Media”)
- Participate in any of our offers, programs or promotions, or respond to a questionnaire or survey
- Enter our Site through links in emails from us
- Click on or engage with TREND enterprises content that is displayed on third-party websites or social media sources
Information We May Need from You
Depending on your specific activity, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), and social media handles
- Your school or company name
- Your device IP address being used to access our Site
- The time zone you are in
- The web browser you are using
- The website path and search terms that lead you to our Site
- The items in your cart and past items you’ve purchased
- Payment information, including credit cards
- User information and login
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We use your information to improve your shopping experience on our Site. We do so in the following ways:
- Fulfilling orders, including order processing, arranging shipping, taxes, delivery, and other fulfillment requirements
- Providing invoices, processing payments, and authentication, including credit card and purchase order information
- Screening orders to verify against potential risk or fraud, based on names and IP addresses
- Communicating with you in the case of order issues, order confirmations, shipping/tracking information, and providing support for questions, ideas, and feedback
- Contacting you when you’ve indicated interest in receiving information/surveys, catalogs or mailings, becoming a TREND retailer, or joining our email list
- Providing reminders of items in your shopping cart and tailoring communications regarding products and services, offers, promotions, and other news that may be of interest to you
There are also ways we use your personal information that may be invisible to you, such as:
- Understanding traffic levels and interest in various areas of our Site to improve our Site and Social Media
- Evaluating the success of marketing and advertising campaigns by reviewing customer traffic to/from our Site
- Third parties, including Facebook, our email service provider, and ad services, may provide analytical measurements using your personal information as it applies to the services they provide to us
- Improving our internal processes, such as product fulfillment, customer service, marketing, fraud prevention, safety, and legal requirements
- Identifying market trends through data analysis to help inform new product development
Others may see any information that you share with us when you post publicly our Site and Social Media.
We May Share Your Information with Third Party Partners
Third party partners are services outside of our company that we use to conduct our business. We may share your information with these services to meet our business needs. Our third party service partners use your information to:
- Help operate our business: website hosting, fraudulent activity detection, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, etc.
- Process orders, authenticate payments such as credit card transactions, and fulfill orders
- Protect our rights and the rights of our users when responding to requests from government entities, or complying with legal obligations, such as subpoenas
- Suggest services or solutions to help improve the user experience of our Site
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights
- Enlist assistance to investigate, prevent or take action against potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to personal safety, or violations of our terms and conditions
Examples of third party service providers:
- Website host
- Email service provider
- Shipping / delivery carriers
- Web security services
- Marketing / Ad services
- Google Analytics
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand user behavior on our Site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- You can opt out of Google Analytics here:
- In the event that TREND sells or transfers any relevant part of its business, your personal information will also transfer.
Other Resellers and Linked Services
Our products are available through many resellers, department, and specialty stores. Many of these operate their own websites, mobile sites, and social media sites. Our Site and Social Media may contain links to some of these resellers, advertisers, or co-branding partners. Information that they collect is not provided to TREND and we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of that information. If you have questions about their privacy policies, please contact them directly.
We Protect Your Personal Information
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive, personal information. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software to secure our Site. You are able to verify this on our Site (or any site) by checking the URL line of your browser. For sites that use a secure server you will see the first characters as “https.” Sites that are not secure will only show “http.” Depending on your web browser, you may also see a closed lock icon or unbroken key to the left of the URL. If you click on this icon, it will provide you with additional security information.
We maintain the highest industry standards for handling your credit card information. We are certified as a Level 1 compliant service provider, the highest level of compliance available. We use a third party payment processor for all purchases made on our site. We do not keep your credit card information.
We do not share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to companies for the purpose of marketing their own products or services. If we suspect fraudulent activity, our Site may automatically block certain potential transactions for a short period of time. It is each user’s responsibility to protect passwords and credit card information from fraudulent activity.
While we take every possible precaution to keep your information secure, there is never a 100% guarantee. Unlawful interceptions or access cannot be ruled out completely. Any transmission you make is done at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. If you terminate our relationship, we securely store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business needs such as for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request.
Your actual transaction data (credit card information, for example) is only stored as long as is necessary to complete the transaction. Once the transaction is complete, we do not keep the transaction data.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
Personal Information from Children
We take great pride in developing products for a broad age range, from young learners to senior citizens. However, TREND does not knowingly market to or collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13. We will do our best to eliminate such information upon notice that it has been obtained. If you become aware that we have received information from a child under the age of 13, please contact our Customer Care department via email or phone, listed below.
Opt Out Choices
Below are links that you may find helpful:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- DIGITAL ADVERTISING ALLIANCE - http://optout.aboutads.info/
- TREND EMAILS - follow the unsubscribe link in our emails
If you’ve set up a Do Not Track signal on your browser, please be aware that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices if we detect a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our Site). We process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, such as:
- Preventing risk and fraud on our platform
- Providing communications, marketing, and advertising
- Providing reporting and analytics
- Providing troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions
- Testing out features or additional services
- Improving our services, applications, and website
When we use your personal information to pursue our business interests, we do so using processes and procedures to help mitigate the risks, and to protect and secure your information.
Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States and Canada.
Customer Service Contact Information
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or would like to alert us to an issue, please contact Customer Care.
1-800-860-6762; business hours: 8am - 5pm CT (M-F)
TREND enterprises, Inc.
Attn: Customer Care
P.O. Box 64073
St. Paul, MN 55164
Date of last update: April 17, 2019