Hoppy Easter Bunnies DIY
Kids of all ages will love this cuuuuute paper craft for Easter. Create a bunch of paper bunnies in different sizes and colors to decorate shelves near Easter-themed displays. Place them in Easter baskets, use as paper puppets, and give as gifts!
SuppliesChoose Terrific Trimmers® for the small bunny and a border and trimmer for the large bunny.
- White Terrific Trimmers® T9883
- Hot Pink Terrific Trimmers® T91256
- Super Dots Icy Hot Terrific Trimmers® T92416
- Silver Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91408
- Hot Pink Sparkle Bolder Borders® T85434
- Googly eyes
- Double-stick tape or glue, scissors, a ruler, and a pencil
- Optional: pom-poms and feathers
- Template (provided)
Template & Supply Setup
- Do it your way! If you’re feeling extra creative, design and cut out your own ears and feet, or refer to the easy-to-use templates in the download tab to the right.
- Decide what size bunny and what colors you'll use.
- Use the template to measure and cut out individual pieces. (Hint: a hole punch makes quick circles for bunny toes and noses.)
Assemble the Body & Feet
- Roll the shorter strip for the head into a circle, overlap the ends slightly, and tape on the inside to hold. Repeat with the body strip.
- Place the head on top of the body and tape or glue them stacked together.
- Use a hole punch to make small circles for the bunny’s toes and nose. Glue the toes onto the colored side of the bunny’s feet.
- Glue or tape the feet to the front of your bunny with its toes facing out, so it looks like the bunny is seated.
Assemble the Head & Face
- Cut out your bunny’s ears. Glue the inner ears to the center of the large ear cutout with the color facing out. Attach the ears to your bunny's head by folding back the tab as noted on the template and gluing or taping into place.
- Glue the nose to the center of the bunny’s face. For a better fit on the large bunny, we used a small pom-pom. If you do not have a pom-pom, simply cut out a circle from a trimmer of your choice.
- Glue googly eyes above the nose.
- Use a thin marker to draw a mouth on your bunny.
- If you’d like, glue a tuft of feathers in front of the bunny’s ears for a little extra fluff.
These hoppy bunny decorations are sure to cheer up any space. The sturdy paper holds up to light play so kids can use them as puppets to act out stories about the Easter bunny! Combine with Easter Chicks DIY for an irresistible Easter centerpiece.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 153
Download template here!