Caught in a Good Book Bulletin Board Idea
Bulletin Board Idea
Create a festive, Halloween-themed bulletin board display to feature student reading. The eye-catching paper spider and web of books will have everyone excited to get caught in a good book!
- Bright Books Mini Accents Variety Pack T10821
- Black Terrific Trimmers® T9872
- Black Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91417
- Black 4-Inch Playful Ready Letters® T79741
- Yellow Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91412
- Looking Sharp Black Bolder Borders® T85176
- Black string or yarn, bulletin board paper (optional)
- Staple and stapler, tape, markers, and scissors
- A spooktacular spider and its web are a great way to highlight reading and celebrate the season.
- Write a header on the display. We used “Get Caught in a Good Book!” but feel free to create your own unique heading.
- Create your large spider using instructions from Big Paper Spider DIY here.
- If you choose, cover the background of your display with paper. We used orange paper to give it a bright Halloween feel. Staple or tape trim to the outside edges of your display area. We layered two colors!
- Create a spider web out of black yarn and staple or tape it to the display.
- Research book recommendations for students or ask children what books they recommend.
- Write the book titles and author names on book accents and tape them to the web around the display.
- Need a new read? Invite children to use the display for ideas!
- What a fun way to introduce kids to new books and encourage reading.
Create this spider and web display for any of these great displays:
- “Caught” being good display: Recognize positive student behavior
- Story web: Read a book together and display plot events and discussion points
- Word web: Showcase new vocabulary words and their meanings
- Caught up in learning: Feature names of all your students for a seasonal welcome
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 9107