Make-Your-Own Metals DIY
Recognize achievements and cheer each other on with these magnificent metals. All ages will love collecting these unique, handmade ribbon rewards. Use for perfectly peppy locker decorations, weekly classroom rewards, and more. Bonus: They coordinate with your favorite I ♥ Metal™ décor!
- I ♥ Metal™ Dot Circles Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10672
- I ♥ Metal™ Stars Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10642
- I ♥ Metal™ Embossed Signs Variety Pack T10673
- I ♥ Metal™ Dot Circles Mini Accents Variety Pack T10734
- I ♥ Metal™ Stars Mini Accents Variety Pack T10733
- I ♥ Metal™ Stars superShapes Stickers – Large T46354
- I ♥ Metal™ Motivating Messages superShapes Stickers – Large T46353
- A variety of fabric ribbon in silver, gold, teal, or black
- Glue, tape, markers, and scissors
Mix and match supplies for endless award combinations and a whole year of rewards (birthdays, attendance, outstanding performance, good luck, sports recognition, and so on). Kids will love collecting and displaying all of the varieties in their cubbies or lockers.
- These are really fun to make and are great for teachers to recognize students and also for students to show peer-to-peer appreciation!
- If you know you’ll be using these for many events, feel free to create several “blank” rewards ahead of time and personalize when it’s time!
- All of the colors coordinate, so it’s up to you which combination of accents, stickers, and ribbons you use. We’ve listed some of our ideas below.
- For easy hanging, attach self-adhesive hook-and-loop tape or magnetic strips to the back of each finished award.
- Write a message in the middle of the accent. Plan it out using a piece of paper or write it lightly first in pencil and trace over it in marker.
- Layer small accents on big accents. Glue a completed small circle award on top of a large circle, square, or star for extra dimension.
- Add stars and other stickers to edges and around the words to embellish your message.
- Use a motivating message sticker instead of (or along with) a written phrase.
- Arrange the stars and write an individual letter on each sticker to spell out “Math,” “Champ,” or other words.
- Use Terrific Labels™ to get a larger dedicated writing space. Write a longer message, label with a child’s name, or use the space to write their accomplishment ("22 Books Read!").
The finishing touch! Glue or tape ribbons of your choice to the back of the accent using these ideas below:
- Choose a mix of ribbon colors and styles! Fan several out from the bottom of the reward and glue in place in a variety of angles.
- Lay skinny ribbon strips on top of wide ones and glue together to create a fun, striped ribbon.
- Lace ribbon through the top of the accent and tie in a festive bow.
These handcrafted metals a perfect way to spruce up spirit week and decorate for pep rallies and assemblies. Hang on lockers to honor graduating seniors, recognize members of a team, and use for party prizes, too!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 145