Spring Pattern Place Mats DIY
Weave wonderful springtime place mats for classroom decorations that bring spring inside!
SuppliesChoose any colors that match your spring classroom decorating theme. We used:
- Crayon Flowers Terrific Trimmers® T92146
- Polka Dots Lime Terrific Trimmers® T92664
- Sky Blue Terrific Trimmers® T92378
- Yellow Terrific Trimmers® T9876
- Coral Terrific Trimmers® T92376
- Scissors, tape or glue, colored paper (optional)
- Decide which trimmer color or pattern you want to feature in the center of your place mat. Start in the center and work your way outward.
- Cut strips as you go to whatever length or width you need. It's OK if they overhang your finished size, you'll trim the excess before you're done.
- Mix and match colors and patterns. Have fun layering and weaving your strips. Tape strips together as needed to hold them in place while you work.
- When you're happy with your design, lay the final border around the outside edges and attach with double-sided tape.
- Tape strips in place on the back side to secure your mat together. For a more finished and colorful look, glue colored paper to the back. Laminate your place mat to keep it looking great all season!
Use place mats to add a spring flourish to tables and desks in your classroom. They are perfect for showcasing paper flower bouquets and other spring craft decorations!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 142
Download template here!