Fun Photo Flower Pots DIY
Creativity blooms with this kid-crafted spring flower pot! Celebrate the season by making thoughtful, personalized planters for parents, grandparents, or someone else special.
- Gumdrop Stars Mini Accents Variety Pack T10843
- Moroccan Black Blank Terrific Index Cards™ T75001
- Flittering Fairies Sparkle Stickers® T63360
- Friendly Flowers Scratch 'n Sniff Stinky Stickers® T83039
- Colorful flexible straw or chenille stem
- Student/child photo
- Small planter
- Succulent or small flowering perennial plant
- Paint and supplies to decorate the planter
This gift is sure to make someone smile. Ask children to bring a photo from home or take student photos for this project.
- Paint your flower pot in bright, spring colors. Allow time for the paint to dry before moving on to the next steps.
- Cut your photo into a 2-inch circle. Tape in the center of a Gumdrop Stars Mini Accent.
- Tape the accent onto the end of a flexible straw or a chenille stem.
- Fill your planter partially with soil and add your desired plant.
- Place the flexible straw/chenille stem into the soil. Add the rest of the soil so it fills your pot and holds your photo upright.
- Clean the outside of your flower pot after working with the soil (your stickers will attach best to a clean surface).
- Time to decorate! Stick on flowers and fairy stickers, or choose your favorite spring sticker designs. If using Scratch 'n Sniff Stickers, give them a gentle scratch to release the scent before sticking on your planter.
- Each child writes a note on an index card to the recipient of their flower pot. Messages might include wishing them a happy spring, giving chore coupons, or saying thank you.
This project idea is fun at home, in classrooms, and day care centers and makes a great gift for Mother's Day, May Day, or anytime!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 139