Color Block Sparkle Ornaments DIY
Block out some time for FUN with this easy, kid-friendly craft project. Simple-to-make Christmas ornaments are a treat for craft time at home or as a fun classroom activity before holiday break. Decorate your holiday tree at home or school, give homemade ornaments as gifts, and surprise loved ones with cute keepsakes too.
Green Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91411
- Silver Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91408
- Yellow Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91412
- Big Dots Green Sparkle Plus Bolder Borders® T85408
- I ♥ Metal™ Stars superShapes Stickers – Large T46354
- Rainbow Gel superSpots® Stickers T46183
- Paper clips, tape or glue, and scissors
We love these tree ornaments and their adorably-imperfect shapes. They’re super funky-looking and FUN, plus it is a perfect craft project for kids to do on their own without a lot of adult help.
- Gather different colors of sparkle borders and trim. Using sparkle paper means there's no need for extra glitter (less mess!), but your finished project will still shimmer and shine brilliantly.
- Cut strips of different colors and decide which order you'd like them to show on your holiday ornament.
- Cut any scalloped trimmer strips at angles, starting at the bottom (scalloped) sides so the angles almost make triangles.
- For straight-edge borders, cut out two triangles of different sizes to make a mini-tree ornament.
- Lay each layer of your cut-out strips on top of each other, starting at the bottom. Then, glue or tape your tree layers together.
- Time to trim the tree! Decorate your ornaments with lots of stickers, saving large stars for the top. Stick two stars back-to-back at the top of your tree with a length of string or a paper clip "hook" between them for hanging.
Happy holidays! Hang your homemade paper ornaments on your holiday tree or create a garland to decorate your space with holly-jolly style. Kids will be proud to decorate your tree, give as gifts, or add to gift bags as unique, reusable gift tags too.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 117