United in Friendship Bulletin Board DIY
elebrate Kwanzaa and create a lovely display of friendship with this bulletin board decorating idea. This idea combines basic display essentials into a wonderful, united display about Kwanzaa. Rich and festive colors make this a favorite for celebrating cultural heritage.
- African Weave Bolder Borders® T85079
- Red Terrific Trimmers® T9877
- Green Terrific Trimmers® T9875
- Handprints Mini Accents Variety Pack T10831
- Black Ready Letters®
- Black 1-Inch STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters T1785
- Yellow or other colorful bulletin board paper
- Construction paper, scissors, and tape
- Line your display area with yellow or other brightly colored paper.
- Punch out letters to spell Happy Kwanzaa or another happy greeting.
- Create a handprint wreath using a variety of hands in many shades to coordinate with your display. Use Handprints accents or cut hands out of construction paper. If you wish, create a frame using cardboard or heavy chipboard. Tape layers of hands onto the circle shape to make a “wreath” of hands.
- Hang this in the center of your display.
- Cut the scallops off a green trimmer and write UNITED IN FRIENDSHIP on it in black stick-on lettering. Trim the ends into points to give it a flag-like shape.
- Scatter handprints around the display for extra decoration.
- Frame the bulletin board with the African-patterned border layered on bright red to finish.
Celebrate and teach about Kwanzaa using this display to get kids interested and ready to learn. It’s a great reminder during Kwanzaa and beyond to celebrate and unite in friendship and love. Switch up the main message and display all year!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 104