BlockStars!® Character Shines Bulletin Board Idea
Bulletin Board Idea
Introduce and encourage positive character traits. Friendly BlockStars!® demonstrate the building blocks of good character!
- BlockStars!® Bulletin Board Set T8380
- Pixels 4" Playful Combo Pack Ready Letters® T79759
- Pixels Bolder Borders® T85342
- Blue Terrific Trimmers® T9873
- BlockStars!® Buddies Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10619
- BlockStars!® Clips Mini Accents Variety Pack T10850
- 4-Pack Standard Colors Wipe-Off® Markers T98003
- 24" Multicolor Wipe-Off® Sentence Strips T4002
Laminate the signs and display the BlockStars!®.
Write a character trait on each sign, such as Fair, Responsible, Trustworthy, Caring, Citizenship, and Respectful.
Post the signs above the related BlockStars!® on the display.
On separate Sentence Strips, write how each of the BlockStars!® demonstrates a different character trait.
Show how the soccer player is Fair: “I take turns being the goalie.”
Show how the reader is Respectful: “I am quiet in the reading room.”
Student volunteers choose a sentence, read it out loud, and identify the correct character trait. Display the sentences below their character traits (as shown).
Extend the Learning: Spark a lively conversation about character! Challenge children to think about a time they demonstrated a positive character trait. Have them create a poster about the trait using words and drawings to explain what it means. Display the posters as a friendly way to promote positive character!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 8380 A19
Download template here!