Forever Flowers: Paper-crafted Roses DIY
Create paper flowers for great gifts and festive Valentine's Day decorations for classrooms, desk tops, offices, and reception greeting areas.
We created these with Valentine's Day in mind, but feel free to choose trimmers in colors that coordinate with any decorating theme.
Red Terrific Trimmers® T9877
- Hot Pink Terrific Trimmers® T91256
Hot Pink Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91421
Red Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91410
- Purple Terrific Trimmers® T91255
- Silver Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91408
- Wooden dowel (one per flower)
- Bouquet pin / pixie pin (one per flower)
- Templates (included in Download tab)
- Scissors, craft glue, a rubber band, green marker, pen or pencil
We love that these paper flowers don't require any wall space to display and yet still bring a lot of color to any space. Plus, they can be made way ahead of time (and still look fresh)!
- Trace and cut out each set of petals as described in the included template (see the Download tab to the right).
- Use the marker to color your dowel green for the stem.
- Each flower has 3 "layers" or sets of petals plus one flower center that will be combined and glued together to make one beautiful flower.
- Follow the step-by-step directions we've provided for each section of petals. Have fun putting together your own color combinations!
- When taping on your leaves, be mindful of the height of your vase (if using one) so your leaves do not get hung up on the lip of the vessel.
Create a bunch and tie together with ribbon, place them in a decorative vase, or hand them out to family, coworkers, and friends for Valentine's Day.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 128
Download template here!