Story Box Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Give kids a chance to dream up tales of adventure, mystery, and more with captivating photographs and story starters.
- Make-Your-Own Pocket Flash Cards T23019
- Stripe-tacular Terrific Pockets™ Variety Pack T77910
- Labels superShapes Stickers – Large T46339
- A variety of bookmarks
- Tape, double-sided tape or glue, multicolored markers, pencils, and photographs
- Reinforce a unit on creative writing! Students choose a card from the Story Box and write a story. When they are finished, students share their stories with the class.
- Everyone votes for their favorite, and that author is awarded a cute, colorful bookmark.
- Tape Terrific Pockets™ to the outer edges of a small box (3½" square). Option: A box can be made by laying the pockets facedown, side by side and taping the edges together. For a sturdy bottom, use heavy paper or foam core taped in place.
- Add labels to pockets and place a variety of bookmarks in the box.
Create story cards in a variety of categories like places, characters, events, and so on.
- Tape a photograph to the top of a blank flash card. Hint: Look for interesting photos online and in magazines to spark young imaginations.
- Add a few sentences related to the photo at the bottom of the card.
- Repeat until you have several cards to place in each pocket of the box.
BONUS: For a fun twist, invite one student to choose a card from the Story Box and take five minutes to write a story. Then, he or she passes the paper with their story to a different student who takes five minutes to continue the story. When everyone has had a chance to add to the story, read it to the class!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1015 B19