Secret Surprise Centers! Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Give learning centers an element of surprise!
SuppliesCenter Surprise Box
- Discovering Dinosaurs® Terrific Pockets™ T77002
- Discovering Dinosaurs® Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10997
- Bold Strokes Arrows Mini Accents Variety Pack T10722
- Bold Strokes Rectangles Bolder Borders® T85142
- Dinosaur Mighty Match Challenge Cards® T24021
- Tape and a ruler
DirectionsEach box uses 5 Terrific Pockets™, one of each accent listed above, and one Border strip.
- To make the box, cut 1¾" off of the top of one pocket to make a 3½" square base.
- Tape the remaining 4 pockets to each side of the square base so the openings face up and inward.
- Decide what surprise to include inside the box. Fold an accent and tape inside like the dinosaur box, or another creative dimensional item or accent.
- To make the top, cut 2 strips of borders 5⅜" long. Place them facedown and tape together lengthwise. Fold a crease ⅞" in on all sides. Cut a ⅞" slit in each side. Fold the A tabs in to each C side. Bend C and then B sides upward. Tape the A tabs to the B sides to secure lid shape.
- Tape an Arrow accent to the top as a lid handle.
- Use the surprise box to add a mysterious twist and delight to learning centers!
- Load the pockets with Dinosaur Mighty Match Challenge Cards®. Then, a small group plays by taking turns searching pockets for matches!
- Periodically change the flash cards to make a new Secret Surprise! Fill the pockets with other learning topics, like sight words or colors & shapes. Kids will love to reveal each center theme!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1092-1 A19
Download template here!