Year-Round Holidays Language Skills Printable Worksheets
Practice language skills all year with this holiday-themed, printable worksheet bundle. Each page is a new opportunity to learn about a holiday, practice reading comprehension, follow directions, and build valuable vocabulary and language skills. Full-color, interactive pages invite kids to read, write, draw, match, color, and more.
This is a digital download product. After the checkout process is complete, you will receive an email with the digital download link. Digital download products are nonrefundable and may not be canceled or recalled after purchase.
Print this worksheet bundle for lots of practice with learners in grades 1 to 2. Use these full-color and FUN activity sheets to provide children with interesting and seasonally-relevant morning work, independent practice, and supplements for language learning. Featured holidays inspire additional discovery and boost calendar skills too.
Enjoy 28 full-color activity pages. Language concepts include:
- ABC order
- Synonyms and opposites
- Reading comprehension
- Compound words
- Verb tenses
- Parts of speech
- Plural words
Holidays and activities include:
- Through the Year: Use the calendar pictured to answer questions and practice calendar skills.
- Happy New Year - ABC Order: Write vocabulary words in alphabetical order.
- MLK Day Word Find: Circle words related to Martin Luther King Day in the word search.
- Groundhog Day - Shadow Match: Practice visual identification and matching by connecting animals to their shadows.
- Valentine’s Day - Compound Words: Connect word parts to create compound words.
- Compound Candy Hearts: Connect single words to create and write compound words.
- Presidents’ Day - Reading for Details: Read and then answer questions about the U.S. presidents to practice reading comprehension.
- St. Patrick’s Day - Abbreviations: Identify common abbreviations and match them to the full word.
- Easter - Describe It!: Improve descriptive language skills by writing adjectives.
- Spring Babies: Learn vocabulary words and match baby animal names to the adult names.
- April Fool’s Day - All Mixed Up: Practice visual observation skills and pay attention to detail.
- Earth Day - Problem Solving: Use sentence clues and the word bank to finish writing about Earth Day.
- May Day - Rhyme Time: Practice rhyming words and write them to complete sentences.
- Cinco de Mayo - What’s 1st: Learn ordinal numbers and practice writing each as a word.
- Mother’s Day - Noun or Verb? Identify and color-code nouns and verbs.
- Memorial Day - In the Past: Change action words to past tense using -ed.
- Father’s Day What’s My Job?: Use deduction skills to match job descriptions to jobs.
- Independence Day Plurals: Write sentences that contain plural words.
- Friendship Day Create Words: Spell words using letters from longer words.
- Labor Day Synonyms: Identify synonyms to navigate a maze.
- Columbus Day Name It: Practice reading comprehension and answer questions about Columbus Day.
- Halloween Sorting It Out: Use clues to correctly sort Halloween treats.
- Thanksgiving Gobble Gobble Crossword: Answer questions about Thanksgiving to solve a crossword puzzle.
- Hanukkah Scrambled Colors: Unscramble letters to spell color words, and then use the key to color the picture.
- Ramadan Opposites: Match and label opposite pictures with the correct opposite words.
- Christmas Mer-ry Christ-mas: Recognize syllables in words and color the picture using the key.
- All I Want for Christmas: Use written and visual clues to investigate and answer questions.
- Kwanzaa Make a Word: Connect letters to spell words related to Kwanzaa.
Permission for reproduction is limited to a single user for personal or educational, non-commercial use. Sharing this download or printed copies of it is prohibited. You may not modify the downloadable content in any way, including changing or deleting copyright or trademark notices as they appear on the original documents.
P14202 ©TREND enterprises, Inc.®
- Grade 1 - 2
- Compound words, vocabulary, parts of speech, classifying, and more!
- Answer key included
- 28 pages, 8½ inches x 11 inches
- Printable download