Let's Write a Song! Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Get ready to make beautiful music ... together!
- BlockStars!® Bulletin Board Set T8380
- Stripe-tacular Cool Blue Terrific Papers® T11427
- Marker, pencils, and double-sided tape
DirectionsWant to become a songwriter? Start with a simple song and build to a grand crescendo!
- Use the musical BlockStars!® characters for inspiration. Come up with the first verse of a song, deciding on the theme, number of lines per verse, and the rhythm.
- Break into groups of three or four.
- Each group writes a verse to the same song, matching the rhythm of the first verse.
- A volunteer from each group records the verse on paper. Then combine the verses to form a song.
- Now name that song and come up with a rockin’ beat!
BONUS: Practice the song and then perform it before a live audience ... other classes, perhaps? Use other BlockStars!® to inspire individual and group activities.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1034 B19
Download template here!