Hedgehogs 100-Day Hop Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Build math skills and practice counting with friendly hedgehogs and a hands-on 100th Day display!
- Color Harmony™ Number Line 0-120 Bulletin Board Set T8432
- Colorful Hedgehogs Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10678
Colorful Hedgehogs Mini Accents Variety Pack T10739
DirectionsCreate a hands-on 100th Day display!
- Hang the number line strips to show 1 to 100 (or to 120 if that’s what you celebrate).
- Place hedgehogs above every fifth number (or use another interval if that is your focus).
- Each day, “hop” a mini hedghog onto the current day’s number on the strip.
- What number day is it? Everyone counts out loud using the number line as a guide, stopping at today’s hedgehog marker.
- Count the days again, this time skip-count by naming the numbers marked by hedgehogs. Great job!
BONUS: Color-code the odds/evens or a variety of number intervals using Colorful Hedgehogs Mini Accents. Look for patterns on the number line. Can students name what each color is marking?
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1098
Download template here!