Shirt & Tie Father's Day Card DIY
Wondering what to get Dad for Father’s Day? Create this shirt & tie card! It only takes a few simple supplies for elementary-aged kids to make a creative, 3-D greeting card that's perfectly dressed for Father’s Day.
- Color Harmony™ Swirl Dots Terrific Trimmers® T92685
- Color Harmony™ Peapod Terrific Trimmers® T92687
- Color Harmony™ Ocean Terrific Trimmers® T92686
- Color Harmony™ Stripes Terrific Labels™ Variety Pack T68912
- Colorful construction paper
- Plastic button
- Double-sided tape or glue, scissors, and a marker
This shirt and tie DIY card is sure to make Dad smile!
- Create a rounded rectangle out of cardboard for the shirt. Trace the shape onto one or two sheets of colorful construction paper. Cut out and glue the paper onto the cardboard.
- Create a tie out of Terrific Trimmers® (you may choose any trimmer pattern … show your creative side!). Overlap the trimmers (scallops facing out on both) and separate slightly at one end. Glue or tape together and trim the ends into the v-shape of a necktie.
- Glue the necktie to the colorful shirt background.
- Glue or tape Peapod and Ocean Terrific Trimmers® back-to-back. Fold into the collar shape with scallops on the bottom edge. Cut off the excess length. Glue or tape the ends together where the corners meet as shown. Glue a button to the corner.
- Tape the shirt collar on top of the tie, overlapping the top edge of the shirt.
- Stick a Terrific Labels™ onto the front of the shirt.
- Write “Happy Father’s Day” or another special message for Dad on the label.
- Sign the shirt card with a marker.
This crafty card is a great alternative to a store-bought card and is a welcome addition to every father's office or workspace decorations.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 177