Fine Feathered Friend DIY
Feathery and fun, this paper bird DIY makes a delightful decoration for tables, desks, and shelves. The simple measuring and cutting skills required makes this easy for junior crafters and adults. Experiment with different patterns and colors to match any decorating or party theme.
- Peacock Terrific Trimmers® T92363
- Orange Terrific Trimmers® T9880 (or orange paper)
- Googly eyes
- Double-stick tape or glue, scissors, a ruler, and a pencil
- Template (provided)
Template & Supply Setup
- You’ll need 2 patterned trimmers for the body and tail, and one orange trimmer for the beak. An orange piece of sturdy paper works for the beak too.
- Use the template provided to measure and cut the head and body pieces.
- Measure and cut four strips for the tail (5, 6, 7, and 8 inches in length), as noted on the template.
- Note: You'll trim the scallop off of all strips.
- Trace the beak template on your orange trimmer/paper and cut out.
- Tape the two 5-inch strips for the head back-to-back so color faces out both sides. Roll these into a single circle, overlap the ends slightly, and tape on the inside to hold. Repeat with the body strips.
- Make the tail! Lay all four strips for the tail face up. Stack them in length order, starting with the longest and ending with the shortest. Line the tail strips up on one end and tape or glue all ends together. Attach this end under the body with tape or glue.
- Lightly roll or bend the tail ends to give them some dimension.
- Glue or tape the head on top of the body.
- Fold the pointy ends of the beak upward, leaving the center area flat (as shown on the template). Make sure the colored side faces outward. Tape or glue the beak to the front of the head.
- To complete your peacock, glue googly eyes above the beak. Nice!
Use your new feathered friend as a joyful decoration anywhere you place it!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 160
Download template here!