Pot of Gold & Rainbow Bulletin Board DIY
What would you do with a pot of gold? Spark kids' imaginations with this interactive St. Patrick's Day classroom display.
- Red Terrific Trimmers® T9877
- Orange Terrific Trimmers® T9880
- Yellow Terrific Trimmers® T9876
- Green Terrific Trimmers® T9875
- Blue Terrific Trimmers® T9873
- Purple Terrific Trimmers® T91255
- Green Vibe Terrific Trimmers® T92602
- Shamrocks Terrific Trimmers® T91404
- Yellow Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91412
- Gold Burst Award Seals Stickers T74001
- Black 4-Inch Italic Combo Pack Ready Letters® T2703
- Rainbow Promise Terrific Trimmers® T92703
- Moroccan Black Blank Terrific Index Cards™ T75001
- Bulletin board paper, white cardstock, black construction paper, cotton balls, markers, foam tape, glue, and scissors
The pop-out elements of this bulletin board display make it a favorite for capturing attention and encouraging imaginative thinking.
- Reference the Download tab to the right for cauldron/coin templates and step-by-step directions.
- Cover the background of your display in sky blue paper. Stagger scallops and layer 4 rows of Green Vibe Terrific Trimmers® along the bottom of the bulletin board. Trim the sides and top of your display in Rainbow Promise and Shamrocks Terrific Trimmers®. Write "If I Had a Pot of Gold," in Ready Letters® across the top of your display.
- Ask individual students or groups of students what they would do with pots of gold. Write their responses on index cards.
- Use the cauldron templates (in the Download tab) to cut cauldrons from sheets of black paper. Create a small cauldron for each student response and one large cauldron.
- Decorate the small cauldrons with short strips of Gold Metallic Terrific Trimmers® and Award Seals Stickers. Tape an index card to the center of each.
- Create double-sided coins by sticking Award Seals onto the back of strips of Yellow Sparkle trim. Cut around the seals.
- Use solid trimmers to create the rainbow. Make each color double-sided by laying strips back-to-back and taping together. Overlap your rainbow strips slightly and tape together into one double-sided rainbow.
- Cut a large cloud shape out of white cardstock or heavy paper. Write "I Would..." in letters in the center. Glue cotton balls around the edges to make a big fluffy cloud.
- Arrange the cloud and large cauldron on the display. Swoop the rainbow piece you created between the two pieces as shown. Firmly attach all pieces to the bulletin board.
- Decorate the top of the large cauldron with the double-sided coins you made. Stack the coins and attach with foam tape to give them dimension and make the cauldron look like it is overflowing with riches.
- Hang the small cauldrons on the display and scatter some gold coins for a shiny finishing touch.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 130
Download template here!