Folded Paper Tree and Snowman Ornaments DIY
Child-made holiday keepsakes are the best! This fun craft idea for kids will give loved ones seasonal decorations to treasure. Classic signs of the season – a Christmas tree and snowman – are welcome crafts to spruce up spaces at home, in the office, or hang on your holiday tree for extra fun.
A variety of superSpots® and superShapes Stickers
- Alphabet superShapes Stickers T46037
- Gumdrop Stars Mini Accents Variety Pack T10843
- Ribbon or string for a snowman scarf
- Black, white, and green construction paper, chenille stems
- Tape or glue and scissors
- Children’s photos (optional)
You'll love this winter craft idea for kids for quick gifts, take-homes, and keepsakes.
- Precut the shapes depending on the ages of kids crafting. You’ll need one triangle for the tree, circles in three sizes for the snowman, plus a rectangular hat. If kids are old enough, they’ll enjoy making their own shapes and it's great cutting practice too.
- Accordion-fold your shapes. Make sure the fold is wide enough to accommodate a small hole punch. You'll want to help kids with this step: Punch a hole through the pleats all at once (folded together) or in sections to fit a chenille stem.
- Decorate the shapes to dress up the holiday tree with sticker “ornaments” and a star accent on the top. Small stickers are the perfect fit! Choose your favorite colors and shapes for extra-fun ornaments. Refold and crease to make sure stickers are firmly attached.
- Add flair to your snowman by gluing on paper buttons, tying on a yarn or ribbon scarf, and more. You may also want to cut out a photo of each child’s smiling face and tape it on the snowman. Or, draw your own snowman face with paper shapes, crayons, or markers.
- Don't forget to sign your craft with colorful letter stickers too!
- When finished decorating, string a chenille stem through the holes you punched, leaving a little extra at the top for hanging. Bend the top and bottom or tie knots to hold the snowman or tree in place.
This is a really great way for kids to get creative making ornaments featuring classic symbols of the winter season. Decorate a classroom holiday tree or bulletin board display, give as gifts to parents and grandparents, and more.
©TREND enterprises, Inc.® 108