Dino Showstoppers Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Build a stage that encourages children to create unique puppets for sparking lively discussions about diversity.
- Dino-Mite Pals® Mini Accents Variety Pack T10865
- Dino Spots Terrific Trimmers® T92838
- Grass Terrific Trimmers® T92386
- Purple Terrific Trimmers® T91255
- Jumbo colored craft sticks, glue, scissors, and foam core
Stage Directions (13" x 10")
- For a 13" x 10" stage frame, cut a 13" strip of the Dino and Grass trimmers.
- Cut two 10" pieces of purple trimmer and trim off scallops.
- Glue pieces together as shown to create the frame.
- See diagram for next steps. For stability, back the frame with a stand. Cut a 17" x 10" piece of foam core. Then cut an 11" x 7" opening in the center.
- Cut away the 5½" x 4" x 2" area on each side. Lightly score on dotted line on front side and fold back.
- Glue frame to stand.
- Each child creates a puppet by gluing a mini accent to a craft stick. For a two-sided puppet, glue the matching left- or right-facing accent to the back of the stick.
- It’s show time! Sit back and watch kids put on plays, bring stories to life, and comfortably express themselves with this fun puppet theater.
BONUS: Use leftover trimmers, borders, and art supplies to give the puppet theater a new look. Invite kids to create their own imaginative puppets using construction paper and crayons.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1008 B19
Download template here!