Playtime Pals™ Goal-Setting Adventures Splash Into Reading Bulletin Board Idea
Bulletin Board Idea
Practice meeting goals and develop reading skills.
- Playtime Pals™ Goal-Setting Adventures–Wipe-Off® Bulletin Board Set T8421
- Book Buddies Playtime Pals™ Bookmarks T12130
- Playtime Pals™ Desk Toppers® Name Plates Variety Pack T69958
- Sky Blue Terrific Trimmers® T92378
- Black 4" Friendly Combo Pack Ready Letters® T79802
- Black 2" STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters T1791
- 4-Pack Standard Colors Wipe-Off® Markers T98003
- Tape and string or yarn for the raft pull
It’s time for a reading challenge! Display the set as shown. Each child picks a character and writes her or his name on the base. Place characters on the set’s splash pieces and trimmer “wading pools” to start.
Choose a classroom goal for students to read toward, like 30 books each, and label the ladder in chunks. Give students Book Buddies Bookmarks to celebrate working toward reading goals and discovering new books together!
When a student reads 3 books, he or she moves the character onto the first rung of the ladder. Write book titles students especially enjoyed on Desk Toppers® Name Plates. Display with an “Our Favorites” heading.
Students continue to track books read on the display and share favorites with the class. When a student reads 30 books, it’s time to make a celebratory splash! Place the character in the raft and invite the student to pull it down the Wahoo Wave!
Hang the character near a “We did it!” caption written on a speech balloon from the set. What a special way to celebrate achieving goals!
For added fun, challenge a neighboring classroom to a read-off! Meet once a week to review progress, share favorite books, and inspire readers. Ready ... set ... read!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 8421
Download template here!