Discovering Dinosaurs® Dig for Answers Bulletin Board Idea
Bulletin Board Idea
Name the dinosaurs using pocket clues, class discussions, and available resources.
- Discovering Dinosaurs® Bulletin Board Set T8294
- Reptile Orange Terrific Trimmers® T92816
- Rock ‘n Stones 4" Friendly Combo Pack Ready Letters® T79846
- Discovering Dinosaurs® Terrific Pockets™ T77002
- Reptile Terrific Pockets™ Variety Pack T77907
- Labels superShapes Stickers – Large T46339
- Make-Your-Own Pocket Flash Cards T23019
- Double-sided tape, hook-and-loop tape
I am one of the first known dinosaurs to fly.
Who am I? (Archaeopteryx)
Put on your paleontologist hat and name that dinosaur!
Feature up to 20 dinosaurs from this set, along with their coordinating Fun Fact cards, in a main display and throughout the classroom.
Write a clue about each dinosaur, like the one above, on a blank flash card and insert it in a pocket.
Write “Who Am I?” on the labels and attach one to the outside of each pocket. When done, attach pockets on the main display with hook-and-loop tape or put in a big basket near the display.
Divide your class into groups of two or more (based on class size), asking each group to remove one pocket from the display.
Challenge groups to use the “Who Am I?” clues in the pockets, information discussed in class, and available resources to name and locate the correct dinosaur.
A student from each group reads the clue, points to the correct dinosaur on the display or wall, and explains how the group arrived at that dinosaur.
If any group names the wrong dinosaur, the class works together to find the right answer.
Encourage kids to share other fun facts uncovered in their dig for answers!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 8294
Download template here!