Fluttering Bugs Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Let creativity soar with bugs in flight! Learn about insects and create mobiles featuring nature’s tiniest friends.
- Bugs Mini Accents Variety Pack T10804
- Silly Squares Desk Toppers® Name Plates T69035
- Ribbon or yarn cut in 10" strips, markers, hole punch, glue, and chenille stems
- Students can fly, flutter, or flit their way back to the classroom to make mobiles featuring insects.
- Children each choose 3 name plates: they write their name on one and write favorite bug facts on the other two.
- Time to get “buzzy” building mobiles! To assemble, lay name plates face up, and fold two inches on each end upward. Set the name plates on edge, in a triangle shape, and glue the folds together.
- Punch holes in the bottom edges of the name plates. Tie one piece of yarn to each hole. “Catch” a bug accent and tie one to the free end of each string.
- To hang the mobiles, tape one end of a chenille stem to each corner of the triangle and twist them together at the top. Watch the bugs flutter!
- Kids will love sharing their creepy-crawly facts with the class in short, bug-ridden presentations!
- Take a field trip to the library to explore the unique role insects play in our world. Students write down 5 fun facts they want to share with classmates.
BONUS: Create year-round mobiles to welcome each season. Students use snowflakes for winter, flowers for spring, smiling suns for summer, and leaves for fall. Make holiday and special-event mobiles too!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1071 A17
Download template here!