Polar Portraits Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Create a colorful display as a reminder of safe play & seasonal dress during favorite winter activities.
- Winter Play Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10657
- Winter Wonder Bolder Borders® T85122
- Ready Letters®
- Double stick tape, colored and white paper, yarn, and markers or crayons
DirectionsMake safety “cool” with a bright presentation showing kids dressed and playing safely in winter.
- Adjust the length of the border to fit your space. Use several short pieces, or create one long display.
- Supply a variety of colored paper and art supplies for students to create drawings. Encourage kids to show winter wear, like hats, mittens, boots, and to draw activities where they are playing safely.
- Attach finished artwork to pieces of colored paper and invite students to sign their drawings.
- Punch holes in the top of the accents and student drawings and add a length of yarn. Hang from the border as space allows.
- For long displays, use Ready Letters® or STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters to add other whimsical messages along the top, like “Winter Welcome,” “Cool!” and “Snow Fun!”
What a way to kick-off a happy & safe winter season!
BONUS: Write vocabulary words on Winter Play accents. Choose volunteers to use those words in a sentence, then add winter words to the display!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1069
Download template here!