Fall Friends Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Celebrate fall & explore autumn landscapes! Create fall-inspired characters using items found on a nature walk.
- Fall Oak Leaves & Acorns Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10654
- Oak Leaves & Acorns Classic Accents® T10097
- Yarn, glue, craft eyes, twigs, leaves, colored paper, and pom poms
DirectionsExplore nature, then create Fall Friends.
- Take your class on a fall walk to enjoy nature and collect fallen twigs, colorful leaves, acorns, and more.
- As you walk, talk about changes that occur, like why leaves change color or how animals prepare for winter.
- Return to the classroom and place collected items along with TREND leaf accents and art supplies in a central location.
- Begin by choosing a leaf accent to use for the body. Decorate your characters with items from your nature walk and art supplies.
- Each child makes a collection of fall friends and tells a story to introduce them to the class.
Display your community of new friends for all to enjoy throughout the season.
BONUS: Form groups that create short plays they perform for classmates about appropriate dress for the season, fall holidays & activities. Bonus: Use your fall friends as puppets!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1063
Download template here!