Sweet Opposites Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Deliver freshly layered cakes of opposites. Learning opposites is a piece of cake when fun games, puzzles, and delightful accents come into play!
- Birthday Cake Mini Accents T10505
- Markers, double-sided tape, and scissors
DirectionsDiscuss the concept of opposites and work together to layer each cake with a pair of opposites.
- Label cake accents with opposite word pairs, one word on the first layer and the other word on the second layer. Word pair examples: hot/cold, up/down, dry/wet, long/short, happy/sad, big/little, and in/out.
- Cut each cake along the bottom edge of the first layer, separating the two words.
- Put the layers on display, scattering them so matching word pairs are not together.
- Work together to top each cake with the correct layer (opposite word).
- What wonderful way to build a cake and vocabulary skills too!
BONUS: Create a cake of opposites using each word in a sentence on the back. Share sentences with the class. Learning ... a little sweeter.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1056
Download template here!