Noun & Verb Sort Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Playful way to practice parts of speech! Keep the focus on learning with an exciting sorting activity.
- BlockStars!® Buddies Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10619
- Pixels Terrific Labels™ T68046
- Pixels Bolder Borders® T85342
- Paw Prints Mini Accents Variety Pack T10859
- Boxes, black marker, double-sided tape, and scissors
DirectionsIt’s raining dogs and cats for parts of speech. Is it a noun? Is it a verb? You decide!
- Wrap borders around three boxes to fit. Tape border to each box. Label boxes “words,” “nouns,” and “verbs” as shown.
- Attach a different BlockStars!® accent to the back of each box, facing forward.
- Label the Paw Prints with an equal number of nouns and verbs and place them in the “words” box.
- Play alone or with others to identify the nouns and verbs from the “words” box, placing them in the correct boxes. Time the activity for extra fun.
- Have a blast identifying the two parts of speech that make up simple sentences.
BONUS: Explore how many sentences you can form using the nouns and verbs.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1039
Download template here!