Vowel Match Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Listen and learn! Read words and match them to pockets labeled with vowel sounds in this hands-on activity.
- Wavy Terrific Pockets™ Variety Pack T77904
- Make-Your-Own Pocket Flash Cards T23019
- Sea Buddies® Terrific Labels™ T68083
- Choose your favorite mix of colors from the Looking Sharp Terrific Pockets™ Variety Pack. Create a pair of pockets for each vowel to sort words by long and short vowel sounds.
- Write words on the 3⅛" x 5¼" flash cards. For each vowel, choose word examples to represent both long and short vowel sounds. Shuffle cards, and place facedown in a pile.
- Children draw a card, say the word, and identify the vowel. Now, say the word again emphasizing the vowel to determine if it is a long or short sound.
- Place the word card in the correct pocket … fun!
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 0897
Download template here!