Splashy Scene Learning FUN Activity
Learning FUN Activity
Inspire creativity, storytelling, and curiosity about sea life. Reinforce your ocean lesson plan by having each child create a spectacular Splashy Scene … in a shoebox!
- Sea Buddies® Mini Accents Variety Pack T10866
- Sea Buddies® superShapes Stickers – Large T46333
- Yellow Sparkle Terrific Trimmers® T91412
- A shoebox, chenille stems, fishing line, scissors, blue construction paper, blue cellophane, tape, and glue
DirectionsHint: Ask children to bring a shoebox from home with an opening cut in the top 1⁄2" in from all sides. Place all other supplies in a central location for them to use.
Have each child:
- Cut the construction paper to fit the inside walls of the shoebox and sparkle border to cover the bottom. Glue pieces in place.
- Make a sandhill shape by cutting a trimmer. Hint: Leave a straight edge on bottom of about 1" to fold over and attach to box. Glue in place.
- Decorate with stickers and chenille stems seaweed and coral. Glue in place.
- Cut four pieces of fishing line about 5" long. Sandwich the one end between two matching flopped accents, and glue together. Repeat for each sea creature in the diorama. Hint: Have the fishing line precut and/or use yarn for easier handling.
- Tape the other end of the fishing line to the top.
- Cut a piece of blue cellophane the same size as the lid, and glue it to the inside of the lid. Place the lid on the shoebox, and you have a splashy 3-D scene!
BONUS: Think outside the shoebox! Build your diorama in a coffee can, an oatmeal canister, a tissue box, or a cereal box. Use Sea Buddies® products or have students bring in figurines, sand, pictures, plastic aquarium plants, and other materials for their Splashy Scenes.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 1014 B19
Download template here!