Mother's Day Poem and Planter
Make Mother's Day bright with heartfelt poems and decorative planters made by kids. This nature-inspired gift is a fantastic way for elementary and middle school students to show their moms how special they are and give them treasured keepsakes.
- Color Harmony™ Triangles Terrific Labels™ T68128
- Color Harmony™ Stripes Terrific Labels™ Variety Pack T68912
- Color Harmony™ Stripes Bolder Borders® T85610
- Color Harmony™ Triangles Bolder Borders® T85611
- Garden Delights Scratch 'n Sniff Stinky Stickers® T83033
- Small flower pot and annual flower (soil if needed)
- Craft stick or wooden dowel
Give Mom a gift that's as pretty as poetry!
- Paint your flower pot in a bright color that coordinates with the colorful Bolder Borders® designs. Allow time for the paint to dry fully.
- Choose stripes or triangles and wrap a border around the base of the flower pot (trim if necessary). Glue to the flower pot or attach with double-stick tape.
- Plant a flower for Mom and fill the rest of the planter with soil.
- Create your Mother's Day sign!
- Write “Happy Mother’s Day” or another greeting on a Terrific Labels™ of your choice!
- Peel the self-adhesive Terrific Labels™ off of the backing slightly and sandwich the craft stick between the label and the paper. You can replace the waxy paper with a colorful piece of construction paper, too, if you like.
- Push the craft stick into the soil so your sign stands upright.
- Write mom a poem (or very special note) on white paper. Leave space to decorate your poem with spring-inspired flower and butterfly stickers. Gently scratch each scented sticker to release the vibrant, flowery scent. Nice!
- Cut out your poem using a decorative-edge scissors or make freehand, fun edges around the paper. Glue onto a colorful piece of paper (cut these edges in fun shapes too).
Get to the heart of Mother’s Day with a homemade gift she’ll cherish! Kids have fun giving bright, spring-filled Mother’s Day gifts to celebrate with family.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 166