Heartful Valentine Cards DIY
Show you care in BIG ways with these fun little cards. Create these for your students or use these ideas for your classroom valentine party activity.
- I ♥ Metal™ Hearts Mini Accents Variety Pack T10736
- I ♥ Metal™ Embossed Signs Classic Accents® Variety Pack T10673
- Ribbons, glitter, stickers, markers, and tape
- Other decorative supplies (optional)
- Candy or small non-food treats
DirectionsSweetheart Candy Holders
It only takes a few simple supplies and a creative mindset to make these cute candy holders.
- Choose a few small candies to include in your valentines.
- The "pocket" and "card" valentine types will use two heart accents each.
- There are lots of unique ways to make these:
- Place heart accents back-to-back and glue one edge together to make a mini-card ready for a special message.
- Carefully glue the front of one heart to the back of another (gluing only along the outside edges). Allow to dry. Use a craft knife to cut a slit in the top heart creating a pocket to fit a small candy or little handwritten note (see gold heart in photo).
- Write to your valentine on an accent and tie it to a small piece of their favorite candy using a brightly colored ribbon. Decorate the front with stickers.
- Write a heartfelt message on the back of one accent. Decorate the front with puffy glitter paint, stickers, or other fun elements. Allow to dry. Use double-stick tape to attach a candy heart to the center.
- If you're creating these in your classroom, hand out the supplies and watch students' creative ideas come to life!
Pop-up Valentine Cards
- Use two Embossed Signs accents of your choice.
- Fold one accent in half horizontally and cut two small parallel slits across the fold, about 1 inch apart.
- Push the cut area inward toward the middle (colored side) of the card and crease. Glue a heart accent to the front of this fold. Allow to dry.
- Glue or tape a second Embossed Signs accent to the back (white side) to hide the "pop-out" slit you made earlier and give the front of the card a finished look.
- Decorate your card inside and out with stickers, glitter, and heart cutouts. Write "Happy Valentine's Day" or another thoughtful message on your card.
Quick & Easy Student Valentine Cards
- Use two Embossed Signs accents of your choice for each card.
- Students put the accents together with the white sides facing in and tape along one edge, creating a "hinge." Feel free to use clear tape or a fun washi tape too!
- Decorate the front of the card with heart-shaped accents, stickers, and more. The inside of the card will be white and ready for student poems, drawings, and heartful messages.
©TREND enterprises, Inc. 123