4 More Ways to Play Gemz!™ Card Game for Full Family FUN!
Looking for family FUN for (literally) everyone? You’ve found it: Gemz! Three Corner™ Card Game is a hit with kids and adults! It’s full of fun competition and entertainment, and four-year-old kids can easily play alongside older siblings and adults. Win-win!
Besides being all-out FUN to play, Gemz game rules are adaptable so you can play your way. In fact, that’s what makes this game such a GEM! Reduce the challenge level for your youngest child, increase it for older siblings and those who thrive on competition, or see how everyone does on the same playing field. That flexibility perfectly complements screen-free, quality time with family and friends. This family-favorite card game makes the most of stay-at-home time, after-school afternoons, and distance learning breaks too.
If you already own Gemz, then you’ve probably read our suggestions for adjusting game play in the instructions, but we’ve added some new ideas below. If you’re new to Gemz, you’re going to love how easy it is to combine play options to find the perfect fit for everyone in your family. If you haven’t bought Gemz yet, check it out here. Order your own, and then stop back to see some neat play ideas. (Go ahead, we’ll wait right here.)
Follow along for simple adjustments to the game play of Gemz to make each round an exciting experience for players of all ages and abilities.
1. Draw & Discard Pile Change-Ups
Quick changes to how the draw and discard piles work give the game a whole new feel.
Use these two changes together or try them separately:
2. Action Card Adjustments
Changing how the action cards work and who they affect makes the game meet players’ comprehension levels and still lets everyone compete together.
Slowly add back action cards as players’ understanding grows.
- Build a truly solid-colored jewel: No Wild Cards!
- Draw a SWAP? Pass it to a beginner player for them to use later
- Lose two cards (instead of one) when the lose a card is drawn
- Everyone creates their Gem with two cards in three colors
- Deal one Gemz card with the back facing up. Wait until all other cards match to flip the last card – is it a win or is there more work to do?
3. Color Challenge Change
Gimme Three, Please
4. Fast-Draw Gemz!Here’s a fun and fast variation to play once everyone is familiar with Gemz!
- Remove all of the action cards and set out of play.
- Position a large Gemz draw pile where everyone can reach.
- Deal six cards face up to all players. Arrange them in a circle.
- Count out 1…2…3, and on THREE, all players draw a card, look at it, and quickly decide to keep it or swap it for another card in their circle. All players continue at their own pace, drawing, swapping, and discarding (into the pile) until someone has a solid colored jewel! Woohoo!
- If you find that you all keep getting the same cards and game play stalls, pause the game and mix the pile really well. Then, 3…2….1…. begin again!
Looking for even more family FUN? Shop all of our Family Games to find even more exciting game play and entertainment.